Wow – it has been a LONG time since I’ve updated this blog (I feel like I may have written that a few times before). It’s funny how time can slip away from you. My hope for the new year is to get back into a regular habit of updating this blog.
I guess this is the time of year to spend a little bit of time looking back at the wild ride that has been 2010. Some of the “highlights” include:
- One child starting their final year of middle school and one starting their first year of intermediate school and another continue to grow up too fast.
- My wife going back to college to get a masters of teaching.
- My brother coming home.
- Watching one child become a pretty amazing little athlete.
- Watching another child become a pretty amazing little actor.
- Walking away from a “job” I loved doing.
- Starting fresh at a new church and not knowing where and how God would use me.
- Serving with an amazing team of men and having an opportunity to see God do amazing things.
- Working in a ministry area I NEVER would have expected….and loving it.
- Getting back into youth ministry.
- Entering a season of uncertainty at my 8-5 job.
And the list could go on and on. I may spend some time later this week digging into some of these or some others – but I really hope to begin using this blog to just share how I see God at work in my life, my wife’s life and my kid’s lives; what is God telling me as I spend time in his Word and of course there will be random “just for fun” posts!
As always I hope you’ll spend some time just relaxing and sitting along the water’s edge with me.